Emotional support animals are an essential source of comfort, love, and companionship for people that suffer from mental health problems. These emotional support animals provide the means through which the obstacles of life become easier to deal with. In various fruits, can dogs eat oranges? Yes, dogs can eat oranges it gives them vitamin C. The kind of unconditional love and non-judgmental support that emotional support animals provide are difficult to find in any other source of companionship. Thus, emotional support animals are essential for the well-being and functioning of people that suffer from mental health problems.
Emotional support animals help their handlers to lead healthy lives despite their psychological issues. People that suffer from low-self esteem and low self-confidence find their conditions improving drastically in the company of emotional support animals. In vegetables, can dogs eat tomatoes? Fresh Tomatoes are considered good for health. These animals do not care about your mistakes or failures, they do not pay attention to any disability that you have; they are always there to provide unconditional love and support that you require.
Over time, this support builds confidence in such individuals that they too are worthy of love and care. That they too can meet the challenges that life poses against them. Moreover, when such individuals are able to foster meaningful relations with their emotional support animals, they develop the conviction that they can foster similar relationships in external society.
With this conviction, they extend their newly learned social bonding skills to the external world and foster deep meaningful relations with other individuals. This helps them overcome the problems that low self-esteem created in them that proved hurtful in the way of developing deep relations with others. Thus, emotional support animals help their handlers to overcome their low self-confidence and low self-esteem. And given that emotional support animals are licensed through an esa letter, these benefits can be enjoyed with increased protection and accessibility.
Since emotional support animals provide love and care to their handlers, it is essential that they are taken care of in turn, so that they are also given the treatment that they deserve. Following is a list of tips that you need to keep in mind while grooming your emotional support animal.
- Animals do not require a bath daily as humans do. They require baths every few days, but not giving them a bath for extended periods of time can result in fleas in their fur. The more active and outgoing the emotional support animal is, the more it requires regular bathing. Thus, these things need to be considered when determining their bath intervals.
- Bathing time also depends on the type and length of the fur that your emotional support animal has on its skin. If the emotional support animals have long fur, you would have to bathe them more often.
- The type of product that you use for bathing should also be considered with care. Using shampoo on sensitive skin can result in skin problems.
- If you are looking to trim the fur off of your animal, you should do it after giving it a bath, so that the given task can be performed conveniently.
- The surface where you bathe your emotional support animals should not be too smooth as it makes animals slip and may cause injury.
- Some animals do not particularly enjoy bathing, so you should remain patient with them and make them feel comfortable as much as possible.
- If you have an emotional support animal that has significant fur on its skin, you should brush it regularly.
- The brush should be chosen so that it is not too hard to cause harm to the animal’s skin and not too soft that it is unable to pass through the fur.
- You should also strive to keep your emotional support animal’s eyes and ears clean and clear. There are different products available that are designed for this specific purpose, such as enzymatic solutions. When cleaning ears and eyes, use a small piece of cotton and make sure that you do not insert the cotton too deep into the cavity, as it can get stuck there.
- The paws of emotional support animals should also be clipped regularly so that they do not cause a problem. The interval at which the nails should be clipped depends on their growth rate. Usually, nails should be clipped every 2 to four weeks.
Given that you take care of your emotional support animals through these instructions, you should also strive to provide them protection and accessibility that comes with an ESA letter. The emotional support animal letter is an official document that showcases that you have a genuine mental health condition that requires the companionship of an emotional support animal. The ESA letter can only be issued by a practicing mental health provider such as a psychiatrist, psychologist, or clinical social worker.
To obtain an ESA letter, you should first consider the type of ESA letter that best suits your needs. For example, an ESA letter for housing, provides protection to individuals struggling with mental health problems that are looking to keep their emotional support animals with them in their house or apartment.
The person that has an ESA letter is protected by the law against any housing discrimination that takes place based on their reliance on emotional support animals. After you have decided on the type of ESA letter that you want, the next step is to get in contact with a licensed mental health provider that is practicing within the state of your residence.
The mental health provider would issue you an ESA letter based on your mental health issue so that you can enjoy greater protection and accessibility with your emotional support animal.